Whales of Samana
The whale adventure starts with a comfortable bus that takes you from your Puerto Plata hotel to Samana. Here you will be boarding the observation boat.
Each year the Dominican Republic becomes the showcase for one of natures’ most incredible and natural phenomenon’s as literally hundreds of Humpback Whales make their way from the North Atlantic to the Bay of Samana to breed and give birth to their young. This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see these amazing mammals in their natural environment.
This whale watching tour is a great opportunity to take some wonderful photographs but you’ll find it quite tricky getting perfect shots, so video is often better. As you head out from the marina and into the open waters of Samana Bay, the first thing you’ll be looking for are signs of spouting, flocking (showing of tails) and breaching in the distance.
Your English speaking host and boat tour guide will have an encyclopedic knowledge of Humpback Whales and will inform you of all of their habits. As soon as a whale is spotted your boat will make its way cautiously over to where they are located where you will enjoy an impressive view of these wonderful creatures. You may even hear the eerie but soothing sound of the male Humpbacks singing their solitary songs which is believed to help attract a mate.
After all that excitement, you will enjoy a nice Dominican lunch buffet and it’s time to party. So, get ready for a visit to the famous Cayo Levantado, known as the “Bacardi Island”. Beautiful powder white sand, swaying palm trees and time for a dip in turquoise tropical waters of this island makes for a perfect way to end the day before returning home.
- The order of the tour is subject to change.
- In order to guarantee the sight of whales, Cultourall retains the right to change the order of the tour – Amount of time at Whale Sanctuary: 45 minutes approximately. (In the case that we don’t see whales within this time, we will embark on a second boat shift).
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Transport via Bus
- Pick up a the hotels
- Breakfast in the Bus
- Sea-sickness medicine if needed
- Transport via Boat
- Soft drinks on the Whale Watching boat
- English-speaking guide with knowledge about the Whales.
- Humpback Whale watching
- Lunch at El Timon restaurant or Cayo Levantado
- Visit at the beach
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sun screen
- Swimsuit & Towel
- Sun glasses
- Insect repellent